Wednesday, February 17, 2016

pink happy thoughts

Happy Hump Day!

Here's a little outfit inspiration for you.  I pieced this look together for a friends Stella&Dot trunk show party last Saturday.  Her theme was Galentine's Bling so it inspired me to bust out one of my more girly, fun dress.  The tulle dress I'm wearing in the photo is actually one of my awesome finds at Crossroads Trading.  No worries, I've linked similar dresses below.

Every season, I try to clean out my closet by selling, trading or donating items I know I won't be using that year.  I'm really trying to practice the "if I haven't worn it in a couple of years, then I have to do something about it" mentality.  I go to Crossroads Trading Co to sell some of my clothes and once in a while I find a gem like this leather Halogen jacket for less than $40 and of course this dress.  It's a great way to spruce up my wardrobe on a budget and make room in my closet.  Another buy/sell/trade place I go to is Buffalo Exchange.  Both stores have several locations in SF and around the bay.  Try it sometimes and I hope you find something cool!

Oh and one more thing, if you have a party, cocktail or bridesmaid dress lying around and know for a fact that you won't be using it again, you should look into donating it to Princess Project.  It's a great organization and it feels good to know that my once beloved cocktail dresses will get twice the love!

Photos: marilee.co

Faux-leather top
Tulle dress similar here, here and here
Shoes similar herehere and here
Kate Spade ,  similar here and here
Isa Disc Necklace - this necklace can be worn 4 different ways.  it's a great piece to wear all year long!  remove the blue beads for fall/winter then add them in the spring/summer.  same idea if going from day to night look.  #versatilityiskey



 

 
 
with grace and humility,
jakey

2 comments:

  1. What a girly look!!
    http://silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the Princess Project shout out! Thanks for helping me donate my dress to them!

    ReplyDelete